Meetup Mornington 3rd March 2:30pm

OK we seem to have a had a recently influx of Poms to the Mornington Pennisula so I think it's time we had another gathering!

Date : 3rd March

Time : 14:30 AEDT

Location : BBQ/picnic park at the far end of Mornington Main Street (I'll add a Google maps link when I'm using a PC next)

Every one welcome, young / old, boys / girls, humans / pets!

Bring something to eat and drink but be warned at the last meeting there the BBQ's weren't working!

Hope to see you there!

Just follow the green arrow here:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-38.215643,145.03541&num=1&t=m&z=16

Geoff

Guest The Pom Queen
Jon and I could bring along our portable giant paella pan & gas burner - we could use it as a BBQ if needs be :)

I thought you were going to say portable giant toilet for a minute, lol.

Guest moldec1999

Hey there would love to meet up . My family and I ( oh & twin boys 9) moved to mornington from Ireland last week !still finding our feet but love it so far. one of my sons is asthmatic and seems to be flaring up at the moment :( can anyone recommend a GP ?? Don't need one urgently as have increased all his meds but my gut feeling is he'll need to see someone just don't know how the system works here yet! We have global health insurance . Thanks

Hey there would love to meet up . My family and I ( oh & twin boys 9) moved to mornington from Ireland last week !still finding our feet but love it so far. one of my sons is asthmatic and seems to be flaring up at the moment :( can anyone recommend a GP ?? Don't need one urgently as have increased all his meds but my gut feeling is he'll need to see someone just don't know how the system works here yet! We have global health insurance . Thanks

Can't help as I'm still in the UK (though would dearly love to be living in Mornington/Martha right now. Ref your query, if you don't get any replies here, it may be worth posting seperately in perhaps the Victoria forum or maybe the Health one - just a thought. As an aside, we went to a doctor right at the top of Main St (opposite the mall with Safeway in it). The doctor was fab and I believe they bulk-bill. My understanding is that it means when you visit the doctors they will write you more than one prescription up at a time for a condition, rather than you having to pay to visit and have a prescription written up each time. Ref meds, you may want to look at the Chemist Warehouse website as things seem to be cheaper there. Also, my husband, who is a chronic hayfever sufferer had to get a prescription on our last visit and when he spoke to the chemist he said that apparently Mornington was the hayfever capital of Victoria which certainly be helping your son. Don't know why it would be or if it's true though.

Have a lovely time everyone at the meet - I really wish I could be there.

Guest moldec1999

Thanks for that . Thankfully my son doesn't have allergy based asthma or we'd be in trouble!! He only flares up with bacterial infection but it does mean he needs to take antibiotic and steroids when it happens. He takes an antibiotic alternate days as maintenance for last 4 years which has been our life saver but new bugs here especially after flying!!! Hope meds are cheaper although had to buy neurofen in CBD on arrival and it cost $25!!! Will check out that clinic... Actually good idea to go into chemists and ask who they can recommend for respiratory conditions. Funny thing is I'll be working for a GP in mornington just wont be open for few months so training in langwarrin !!!

thanks

Bulk billing refers to how much yiu pay - not to do with prescriptions :)

if you're working for a gp I'd ask there for advice - even if tgey're not open locally yet.

And $25 for norofen!!!!! that must have been gold plated! Check ou supermarket own brands or Herron -they'll be a fractipn of the price.

Bah scuse typos - on phone :)

Guest juliemtaylor

Our GP is in Tanti Creek in Mornington and they are a husband and wife team, new practice so you should get in easy. http://www.tantigp.com.au/ Not bulk billed, but easier to get appointments because of this and you go to Medicare to claim the $34 ish dollars back - or register your Bank details with them online and it goes straight in next time.

Julie x

That sounds great, will bring father-in-law too he's just moved here from Ireland, look forward to it :-)

OK we seem to have a had a recently influx of Poms to the Mornington Pennisula so I think it's time we had another gathering!

Date : 3rd March

Time : 14:30 AEDT

Location : BBQ/picnic park at the far end of Mornington Main Street (I'll add a Google maps link when I'm using a PC next)

Every one welcome, young / old, boys / girls, humans / pets!

Bring something to eat and drink but be warned at the last meeting there the BBQ's weren't working!

Hope to see you there!

Just follow the green arrow here:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-38.215643,145.03541&num=1&t=m&z=16

Geoff

A good practice is on the Nepean road on the corner of mornington tyabb rd near macdonalds Your family DR tel:0359771077. They bulk bill which means its free! They can usually fit you in that day or the next day and i have always found them very good. Welcome to Mornington its the best place we have been here 3.1/2 years and love it.

Guest moldec1999

Hi there ... Do we bring anything other then food for ourselves?? Is everyone contributing a salad/ a dessert?? I can do no bother if needed??

Good question, this is only my 2nd meet so I'm still new to it all! I guess bring what you want and a bit extra, see if anyone wants to share and if not at least you'll have something to take home for tea!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Geoff

A final plug for tomorrows meeting.

Due to family illness it looks like only I shall be representing the xtonites! I'll be there in a white t-shirt with a Union Jack on the front (lets hope it doesn't rain), oh and I'll bring the mutt:

Sid.jpg

Sid.jpg

Archived